Cork, Republic of Ireland
30 days ago
01 Apr 00:00
Role: Senior Traffic Engineer / Transport Planner
Location: Cork City
Salary: Neg. Depending on Experience a generous reward package which includes salary,
Package: Generous reward package which includes benefits and twice annual profit share
Our client, one of the Europe's leading engineering professional services firms, are currently seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer/Transport Planner. Our client provides services relating to engineering, architecture, design, planning, project management and consulting services for all aspects of the built environment.
My client is an opportunity employer and a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland.
Our client are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week including flexible start/finish times, planned working from home and offer the ability to purchase additional leave. They also offer a flexible Friday scheme.
Senior Traffic Engineer Requirements:
- Level 8 Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- Chartered status or working to achieve this status
The successful candidate will need to work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams and have experience with Local Authority/ National Transport Authority design and project management requirements. In addition, experience in some of the following areas would be required:
* Development planning;
* Urban Street Design (including a good understanding of the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets, The Traffic Signs Manual, the National Cycle Manual etc..);
* Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS);
* Traffic Modelling Software (i.e. LINSIG, Junctions 9, VISSIM, etc..);
* Mobility Management Planning ;
* Masterplan Studies;
* Highway Geometric Design including the Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) Publications (formerly the DMRB);
* Stakeholder Management; and
* Project Presentation
Senior Traffic Engineer Duties:
* Act as project manager including liaising with clients and other design teams;
* Be responsible for the delivery of project solutions;
* Manage other staff members with the delivery of design drawings, supporting transportation analysis and the preparation of reports
* Manage sub-consultants and other in-house discipline teams;
* Prepare fee proposals and manage budgets for individual projects;
If you have any interest in this role, call Arlene in Elk Recruitment for an informal chat on 0599176301 or reply to this job posting.