US$90000 - US$110000 per annum
26 days ago
Position: Senior Estimator / Sales Glass Division
Location: California, US
Salary: Neg DOE
Plan, coordinate, direct and execute all glass and building enclosures (other than Precast and GFRC) estimates and design assist estimates. Help coordinate incoming estimates and opportunity tracking. Work with Sales teams to ensure estimates and budgets are coordinated and bid strategies with Precast and GFRC are followed. Support and coordinate with General Contracting estimator as required.
Senior Estimator / Sales Glass Division Responsibilities:
- Evaluates the project and determine the scope of the bid with the BD team.
- Reviews all architectural drawings, specifications for the project and other contract documents.
- Reviews all proposal drawings, structural calculations, and other information prepared by the Engineering Department and outside consultants for compliance with the bidding documents.
- Evaluates the project construction schedule for mock-ups, performance testing, material delivery and field installation and advise the Manager.
- Prepares a complete quantity survey (take off) for all materials to be included in the scope of the bid.
- Technical knowledge allowing for discussion and presentation of solutions and options to customers.
- Prepares material summaries and sketches as required for the solicitation of quotations as required for the preparation of the cost estimate.
- Estimates all field and shop labour hours required for the scope of the works, in conjunction with relevant departments.
- Obtains labour rates, tax rates, transportation expenses, duty rates and any other cost information as required for the preparation of the cost estimate.
- Solicits for subcontractor quotations as necessary to complete the scope of work. Update subcontractors with plans, specifications and addenda.
- Reviews vendor quotations for accuracy, completeness and conformity with the specifications. Updates vendors when addendums are issued and handle questions and clarifications from vendors.
- Prepares a complete and accurate cost estimate for the project.
- Prepares sales prices, formal proposals, unit prices, and other breakdowns as required by the bid forms. Sales price mark up will be provided by the business development department
- Completes list of inclusions, clarifications and exclusions to be submitted with the bid.
- Review and mark up all contract documents (specifications, drawings, scope documents, etc.)
- Prepare and run a pre-submittal review with the Sales and Management team.
- Preparation of the companies submittal bid packages to the customer.
- Monthly review of actual job cost information with Glass Division PM and/or GM
- Implement and update historical glass pricing databases to allow for quick conceptual budgeting
Senior Estimator / Sales Glass Division Requirements:
- Strong Business
- Leadership & Technical knowledge
- Strategy Development
- Analytical Skills
- Construction Management (Preferred)
- 8 years plus in glass and glazing estimating industry
- Must have knowledge and experience related to all glazing systems (Windows, Storefront, Curtain Wall, Unitized and Window Wall, Glass railings, Rainscreens, Doors, etc.).
- Microsoft Office, Outlook and Project
- Other estimating tools (GDS, etc)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position may require long hours to meet deadlines and occasional weekend work to get the job done, if falling behind with deliverables.
Travel as appropriate to carry out Sales meetings and visiting Customers/Suppliers, approximately 15-25%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the US. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, send your CV to Rachel Wood, , or call 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.