16 days ago
Role: Senior Estimator
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Our client a large construction company are currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join their team for the Limerick location.
REPORTING TO: Estimating Manager
Purpose of Role
Generate best-price tender submissions that will successfully win contracts in a competitive budgeting situation.
- Produce estimates by gathering proposals, quotes, specifications and related documents.
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
- Obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers; compute costs and maintain a fit-for-purpose cost database.
- Analyse, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages
- Work with the QS function in pre-contract negotiations.
- Liaise with the Chief Estimator and senior management on contractual concerns and ensure that all necessary notices and submissions are met in a timely manner.
- Engage with the commercial/project team to agree budgets prior to the pre-start handover meeting.
- Manage and control preliminary budgets for tender process.
- Ensure client relationships are maintained throughout commercial negotiations.
- Compile and maintain costs data reports.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key
- Review technical publications; track price trends and regulatory changes
- Protect company contractually and follow company procedures and protocols.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Third level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field
- Good knowledge of construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
- Financially numerate with strong commercials knowledge.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
- Methodical, analytical mindset with good attention to detail
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Calm, with high stress tolerance
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call us on 0830104097 in complete confidence.