9 months ago
Position: Lead Estimator
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Fantastic Opportunity for an experienced estimator to join a well established manufacturer. Must have worked with STEEL
Lead Estimator Responsibilities:
- Evaluate tender specifications and drawings
- Managing a team of 3 - 4 staff
- Estimate the time and materials required to complete the project
- Prepare and collate tenders by a given deadline based on the scope of work, plans, specification, BOQ's and schedules provided
- Engage with main contractor estimators/quantity surveyors for further information where it is required
- Follow up with main contractors on bids and budgets
- Be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
Lead Estimator Requirements:
- Recognised third-level qualification in Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Accountancy or other relevant discipline
- 2 years plus management experience
- Advanced experience in the use of MS Excel and other Microsoft office package
- 5 years+ in a similar role
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues both written and oral.
- Ability to influence, build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different departments and all levels.
- Solution orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Clodagh on 086 0405288 in complete confidence.