12 days ago
Job Title: Senior Environmental Officer 12 Month Contract
Salary: Neg DOE
If you are an Environmental Officer/ Advisor with experience in the food production industry and are looking to take a set up in your career, this role could be the one for you!
Our client, a leading producer in food products in Ireland and UK, is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Officer to join their team for a temporary, 12-month contract.
This role will report to the Operations Manager, with travel across 2 sites as required.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Environmental compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Monitoring and management of the effluent waste systems on both sites to ensure compliance with discharge of wastewater licencing limits.
- Management of DAF system on site
- Ensuring company targets are being met.
- Establish waste management best practices into the culture and day-to-day activities.
- Developing relationships with all levels of staff along with safety bodies, government agencies etc.
- Developing and enforcing Environmental policies and legislation within the business.
- Carry out Internal Audit processes and measure performance.
- Collate data weekly from the effluent treatment system and waste management on site and report on same - lab test results, flow readings, disposal costs etc.
- 2+ years' experience in a management role within the food production industry.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong management skills with the ability to facilitate and coach.
- Ability to identify risks and prioritise tasks.
- Collaborative and pragmatitic in implementing change.
- Organised, energetic and self-motivated.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative without immediate hands on support.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and other common software tools.
- Produce and present reports to senior management teams.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visa or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland.
Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sinead today on 059 915 8979 in complete confidence.