15 days ago
Job Title: Senior Buyer - Construction
Location: Dublin 22
Salary: Neg DOE
The buyer will ensure that the client will have the correct materials available on time, at the best quality and price, whilst monitoring stock levels, maximising deliveries and reducing actual material cost to budget. This role reports directly to the Procurement Manager in the first instance, followed by the Head of Operations
- To strategically source the materials and services needed to ensure that the client delivers superior value to its customers whilst enhancing its competitive position in the marketplace by staying within budgetary limitations
- To identify and implement new supply chain practices that will result in bottom line savings for the client
- To maintain relationships with current suppliers to ensure that all current and future requirements can be met
- To develop new supplier relationships where appropriate, to ensure competitiveness in the supply chain and to ensure that all current and future requirements can be met
- To negotiate with suppliers and other relevant third parties regarding the purchase of materials, capital equipment etc.
- To build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders
- To monitor and control stock levels, ensuring there are accurate levels at all Sites and the Production Facility
- Plan and release purchase orders on a planning system to secure materials.
- To analyse order trends and price changes to maintain competitiveness
- To keep an accurate track of deliveries, returns and reverse logistics
- To ensure that delivered items comply with the order and meet the client's quality standards
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A third-level qualification in Supply Chain Management / Procurement or other relevant discipline
- Fully competent in the standard Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel
- Fully competent in the use of ERP systems, particularly iQ ERP
- Analytical mindset
- Strong negotiation skills
- High attention to detail
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a Procurement Officer or Supply Chain Analyst role
- Previous experience in the construction industry would be desirable
- Previous experience in the façade industry would be extremely advantageous
- A qualification in mechanical engineering / civil engineering / surveying or another construction-related field would be extremely advantageous
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.