Sales Account Manager - Construction
17 days ago
Position: Sales Account Manager - Building Products
Location: Southwest/West of Ireland
Salary: Negotiable DOE
My client, a building products company are seeking a Sales Account Manager to join their team and cover the Southwest and West of Ireland locations to sell their products to Merchants in the Construction industry. Dependant on where you are based will determine if overnights are required. The prime responsibility will be to generate new business by opening new accounts whilst maintaining existing accounts and increasing their purchases by range selling, introducing new products, and supporting their growth.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To deliver the agreed sales and gross margin targets as set out in the overall corporate and financial objectives of the business.
- To effectively manage the customer base ensuring that all opportunities are both identified and developed.
- To effectively manage time to ensure the optimum amount of face-to-face contact with key decision makers in prospect or customer organisations.
- Be responsible for your ensuring you follow your call cycles.
- Meet expectations of a minimum 25 Face to Face
- To build a viable, on-going "sales funnel" of suspects, prospects & new customers.
- To provide reports, as requested, providing analysis of results, and providing future development plans.
- To ensure that optimum customer contact is maintained.
- To maintain, up-date and effectively utilise the company's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- To ensure that agreed KPI's in respect of the Sales Team are achieved.
- To efficiently respond to any customer enquiries, whether face to face or by phone, email, or fax, in a timely and professional manner.
- To take an active role in the new product process from suggestion through to launch.
- To undertake additional tasks as may be required by the Sales Manager.
- To pass on any market or customer specific information to the relevant person.
- A proven record in trade sales role(s) over a period.
- Experience within the Builders, Roofing or Plumbers Merchant sectors.
- To always act in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- A proven effective team player with the ability to be flexible in order to deal with day-to-day challenges.
- A clean driving licences.
- Good IT skills, especially relating to Microsoft Office.
- The job holder will have access to some sensitive information; therefore, integrity and an ability to maintain confidentiality are key attributes.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorization to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.