Republic of Ireland
£35000 - £45000 per annum
20 days ago
24 Nov 00:00
Role: Roads and Traffic Engineers
Locations: Dublin & Galway
Salary: €35k to €45k Depending on Experience
Due to a recent success and the resulting growth of our client, we are looking for experienced Roads and Traffic Engineers. We are seeking engineers with 3+ years' experience of developing transport infrastructure. Working with a large portfolio of Public and Private sector Clients, our Client's work includes working for government agencies, private development progression, greenway concept and design, new roads, road and public realm improvements, road safety engineering and transportation modelling.
Roads and Traffic Engineers Duties:
- Junction and intersection design.
- Traffic simulation and traffic modelling.
- Traffic signal design and optimisation.
- Management of heavy goods vehicles.
- Access assessment and design.
- Traffic management - permanent /temporary.
Roads and Traffic Engineers Requirements:
- Minimum Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- 2+ years working in a Traffic and Transportation consultancy environment.
- Experience with designing roads or undertaking Traffic impact assessments.
- Experience using software programs such as Linsig, Junctions 9, VISSIM is desired and/or other packages like VISUM, SATURN.
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes, MS Project, AutoCAD, etc..
- Good working knowledge of and hands-on experience with major types of technical analysis including traffic impact analysis, road safety studies, transport corridor studies, transport strategies, capacity analysis and junction design.
- Strong working knowledge of road and street design in an urban context including DMURS and the National Cycle Manual.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- Full Irish driving licence.