Dublin North, Dublin
£30000 - £45000 per annum
14 days ago
05 Dec 00:00
Role: Road Design & Traffic Engineer
Salary: €30k to €45k Depending on Experience
This role comes with a real opportunity for job progression and support for life-long learning.
We are looking for an experienced Roads and Traffic Engineer. The successful candidate will have 1+ years' of relevant experience.
Working with a large portfolio of Public and Private sector Clients, our Client's work includes working for government agencies, private development progression, greenway concept and design, new roads, road and public realm improvements, road safety engineering and transportation modelling.
Road Design and Traffic Engineer Duties:
- Junction and intersection design.
- Traffic simulation and traffic modelling.
- Traffic signal design and optimisation.
- Management of heavy goods vehicles.
- Access assessment and design.
- Traffic management - permanent /temporary.
Road Design and Traffic Engineer Requirements:
- Minimum Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- 1+ years working in a Traffic and Transportation consultancy environment.
- Experience with designing roads or undertaking Traffic impact assessments.
- Experience using software programs such as Linsig, Junctions 9, VISSIM is desired and/or other packages like VISUM, SATURN.
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes, MS Project, AutoCAD, etc..
- Good working knowledge of and hands-on experience with major types of technical analysis including traffic impact analysis, road safety studies, transport corridor studies, transport strategies, capacity analysis and junction design.
- Strong working knowledge of road and street design in an urban context including DMURS and the National Cycle Manual.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- Full Irish driving licence.
If you have any interest in hearing more about this role, please call Eilise (Alesha) in Elk on 0599176301 for an infrormal chat, or reply to this job posting.