6 months ago
Position: Quantity Surveyor Roofing and Cladding
Salary: Neg DOE
The role of the Quantity Surveyor is to ensure that all enquiries are priced in a timely manner and to agreed margins defined by the Company. The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for financial success of the project from inception to completion whilst maintaining a close working relationship with the Contracts Manager.
Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Tender for roofing projects to required margin levels based on Bills of Quantities, Drawings or Site Surveys.
- Produce budgets and cash flow forecasts for all secured projects.
- Negotiate best prices with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure projects comes in on or better than budget.
- Procurement of key materials to suit project programme.
- Carry out value engineering exercises and make cost saving proposals to Main Contractor/ Client.
- Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts.
- Maintain a close working with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager.
- Pricing and submitting of costs for all variations in a timely fashion.
- Certify works completed by subcontractors.
- Ensuring contract correspondence is being responded to quickly and contractually
- Set an example of the Company's professional image at all levels of contact, and ensure similar conduct from subcontractors and supervisors.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the directors, management or consultants appointed by the directors
- This job may involve some travel and unsocial hours
Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred
- At least 4 years of successfully pricing roofing and cladding contracts.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawing specifications for roofing projects
- Knowledge in roofing construction methods and practices, including safety codes and requirements
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Budget management experience and demonstrable attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Current drivers licence
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Clodagh 00353860405288 in complete confidence.