17 days ago
POSITION: Quantity Surveyor - Mechanical
SALARY: Negotiable DOE
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN AN EXCITING A WELL RESPECTED ENGINEERING FIRM
Ensuring compliance with statutory legislation and internal policies and procedures.
- Liaising and reporting to the, the Project Director and the Contracts Manager.
- Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of Leo Lynch Engineering.
- Attend regular site meetings as a representative of Leo Lynch Engineering. and communicate effectively to keep all up-to-date on project development status whilst also tracking and resolving issues
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Estimating and tendering for projects in conjunction with Head Office Team.
- Negotiating new projects and fixed price premiums which are cost effective
- Organising and chairing pre-award meetings with new sub-contractors in conjunctions with Leo Lynch construction team
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Processing fortnightly / monthly sub-contractor payment certificates
- Compiling the variation log an signing off on variations with Project Quantity Surveyors
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Project Quantity Surveyor and correlating payments received.
- Final account preparations at the end of the project
- Cost monitoring and reporting using construction computer software and attending monthly cost reporting meetings
- Cash flow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts
- Keeps abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates.
- Where required provide leadership, motivation and mentoring to intermediate & Junior Quantity Surveyors so as to encourage optimum performance.
- Perform Other Duties and Projects as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years experience in mechanical contracting role with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting
- Displays through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings
- Displays high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received within specified time frames
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages
- Proven track record in Commercial / Industrial Projects
- Demonstrates excellent budgetary responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision. Must be highly flexible with a high level commitment to success.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team with wide variety of individuals demonstrating effective interpersonal skills
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 910 8019 in complete confidence.