6 days ago
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Location: County Cork
Salary: Neg DOE
Our client a professional services company specializing in Project Management, Commercial Management, Property Assessment, Asset Management and Consulting across the Construction, Infrastructure and Property sectors, based in the south. The client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team.
This role involves a cost management position on the team. The role primarily involves a combination of normal project quantity surveyor/cost manager tasks at all project stages including pre-contract cost planning and bills of quantities production, and post-contract interim recommendations and variation account valuation and agreement. In addition, there will be opportunities to work on other specialist tasks including technical due diligence on proposed developments in both the public and private sectors.
- Degree Qualified - BSc or MSc - in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management or appropriate conversion course
- Preferrable Chartered by if working towards same this is acceptable
- Knowledge of ARM and preparation of BOQs to
- Minimum 2
- Full Driving
- Previous experience in a consulting or contracting environment providing/undertaking Cost Management services is desirable.
- Excellent numeracy, verbal and written communication
- Report writing knowledge
- Drive to learn and contribute in a positive and engaging manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team to deliver collective tasks and also to work under own initiative where appropriate.
- Understanding of construction projects
- From time to time, you will be requested to visit site Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Based on experience. Benefits:
- Company events
- Bike to work scheme
- Annual membership covered by company
- Monthly CPD provided
- Further education supported by the company
- Hybrid working after probationary period
- Company pension after time served of probationary period
- On-site parking
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Andrew today on 0599158978 in complete confidence.