11 months ago
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Neg DOE
Our client one of Ireland's leading distributors of building materials, specialising in insulation and drywall products, to the Irish and UK markets. The client is now looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
- Preparing tenders
- Attend and assist management with pre award meetings
- Visit site and to measure works
- Prepare and submit monthly progress claims/valuations
- Prepare variations where necessary
- Compile and agree final account
- Manage project performance and report to management team
- Job cost analysis of current and previous projects
- Assisting management in the preparation of forecasts and yearly targets
Experience & Skills
- Degree in Quantity surveying
- At least 1 year post qualification experience
- Ability to understand and read construction drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills with competency using Bluebeam or equivalent measuring platforms, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrate ownership/commercial awareness
- Effective time management
- Highly motivated hard-working individual who can work on their own or as part as a team
- Ability to coordinate several projects at one time.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Andrew today on 0599158978 in complete confidence.