over 1 year ago
Position: Quality Manager - Aluminium Construction & Glass
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Our Client is only looking for Candidates who are currently Quality Managers
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Quality Manager provides leadership and management for the quality function and sustains the quality philosophy and lean culture for the company at the group level.
The role requires a highly organised, proactive, and enthusiastic individual with high attention to detail and extensive quality systems experience. You will be responsible for working with other department heads to ensure our operating systems deliver conformance to relevant industry and ISO standards. The Quality Manager is responsible for a team of Quality Inspectors, Technicians and Engineers, and is supported by a quality supervisor. They shall delegate selected responsibilities to the team as appropriate. Responsible for the implementation and embedding of a right first-time quality culture throughout the organisation. You shall report directly to the Group Operations Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all products produced are fit for purpose, are consistent and meets both internal and external customer requirements.
- Maintain the integrated quality system in accordance with the requirements of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001.
- Ensure the quality system is always audit ready.
- The Quality Manager will act as the company representative for the Quality Management System.
- Promote a positive approach to Quality amongst employees, while fostering a Business Excellence and Continuous Improvement culture.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures throughout the organisation that will ensure compliance in a robust and efficient fashion.
- Work with other senior managers to establish group KPI's to monitor performance against business objectives.
- Set and manage the Quality Team Goals and Objectives to align with delivery of the company KPI's.
- Identify areas for improvement and lead improvement initiatives.
- Champion a structured approach to problem solving within the organisation.
- Facilitate investigation, trouble shooting and reporting on system failures and product defects.
- Ensuring release of product in accordance with approved company procedures.
- Final disposition of non-conforming product including MRB co-ordination.
- Management of the Quality Assurance Function and reporting on the effectiveness of the Quality Management System to the senior management team.
- Management of the company Corrective and Preventive Action systems.
- Ensuring that products manufactured meet requirements of end users and regulatory authorities.
- Auditing (with other management personnel) of the quality system.
- Ensuring that all plant personnel are fully aware of quality requirements.
- Review of customer complaints.
- Complete internal and vendor/contractor audits to monitor the effectiveness of their quality system and check the level of compliance to the quality system.
- Maintaining records in accordance with the quality system and industry requirements, which show that products manufactured meet the requirements of end users, customers, regulatory authorities, and the company.
- Upkeep of the company's calibration program for test and inspection equipment.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to company personnel.
- Establish programs to ensure plant training, upskilling and succession planning are in place to deliver both the short- and long-term business requirements.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS or MS degree in Quality Management or Engineering
- 15+ years' experience in a structured manufacturing Industry.
- At least 10 years' experience in a Quality management role.
- Façade manufacturing experience would be an advantage though not essential.
- Experience in Middle east or Gulf Region preferred.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness and project targets.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Experience of Production Management/ERP software.
- Strong team building ability
- Commercially aware
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Creative fresh thinking client-centric approach.
- Ability to listen and work with multicultural workforce
- Time flexibility to ensure work schedule compliance
- Travel is accordance with company requirements
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh 00353 86 0405288 in complete confidence.