11 months ago
Position: Quality Controller FMCG
This is an exciting, challenging and diverse role within the company covering BRC implementation, correct labelling, plant hygiene, ensuring environmental standards and testing are fully up to date, waste management for the full site, ensuring laboratory is fully up to date with all the testing requirements which are either carried out in house or externally. Maintaining the company health and safety plan, ensuring all employees are properly inducted and fully trained.
- Develop, implement and manage BRC & QMS .
- Ensure compliance by continuously measuring quality processes and systems.
- Manage and coordinate the testing required within the analytical laboratory.
- Liaising with customers regarding quality issues.
- Ensuring best practice is strictly adhered to across the plant.
- Responsible for the preparation and readiness for external audits including customers, BRC and FDA.
- Develop SOP's and training to ensure that the production team focus on quality compliance, quality issue prevention, record keeping and quality performance measurement.
- Monitor Quality KPl's to measure and identify quality performance trends.
- Proactively identify and close out corrective actions to deal with quality issues.
- Work with production manager on production schedules and clean down schedules.
- Ensure site is maintained to the highest level of hygiene at all times.
- Food Science Degree or equivalent in a related discipline.
- 3 + years' experience in a Food manufacturing environment. BRC experience essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of quality systems, accreditations and analytical lab equipment, operation & validation.
- Exceptional knowledge of food quality standards and environmental standards.
- Experience in developing and implementing quality systems and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational ability.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene Curtis on 0860651940 in complete confidence