9 months ago
Position: Quality Control Inspector
Salary: Neg DOE
- Inspection / Acceptance of Finished Product before despatch and at defined inspection "Hold" points throughout the manufacturing process,
- Assist in carrying out NDT in accordance with regulatory and customer requirements on manufactured goods (Training to be provided),
- Preparation of documentation in advance of third party inspection visits, i.e. gathering shop routing cards, obtaining material certs, assist in preparation of hydrotest & leaktest reports, stamping of nameplates, etc.,
- Help to manage the QC Office: checking & filing of incoming certification, help manage existing records,
- Assist in compilation of customer document packages,
- Monitor adherence to company's standard operating procedures on factory floor,
- Carry out Internal audits on all aspects of company's operations to ensure continuous certification to ISO 9001:2000,
- Identification of Inefficiencies in the manufacturing process and liaison with Quality Control Manager to help find solutions to these inefficiencies,
- Assist the Quality Control Manager in compilation of weekly Quality records which help to monitor the effectiveness of the Quality Management System,
- Any other duties as delegated by the Quality Control Manager.
- The ideal candidate will have a third level Quality/ Engineering qualification,
- 3+ years' experience in Quality, in a heavy engineering / fabrication environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Flexible with a positive attitude to change,
- Enthusiastic, driven - self-starter,
- Organisational and commercial awareness - Understands linkages affecting all areas,
- Promotes teamwork - Proactively fosters team working,
- Responsibility for action - Actively takes responsibility for own and delegated actions,
- Shows and pro-actively encourages an attention to detail,
- Communication skills - Listens responsively and can give information effectively, is open and receptive to others,
- Strong team player with ability to interact with clients and colleagues at all levels,
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Arlene today on 0860651940 in complete confidence.