14 days ago
Position: Project Planner
Salary: Neg DOE
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Planner will work on a number of key projects nationwide.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Planner will work on a number of key projects nationwide. The role will be office based with some site visits required and the Project Planner shall be responsible for generating a project schedule, in conjunction with the project team, and will be responsible for the monitoring of project progress, as well as the preparing of both weekly and monthly progress reports.
- The Project Planner shall work closely with all project stakeholders including the project team, project safety manager, site supervision, site installation teams comprising of direct and indirect hires, and specialist subcontractors, throughout the lifecycle of each project.
- Furthermore, the Project Planner will develop work programs and implement target milestones. They will identify items of interest or concern, establish means and methods of recovery, and will report both internally and to the Client, as appropriate.
- The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail, be a good communicator and have previous experience working in a similar environment.
- An appropriate and relevant 3rd level qualification.
- At least 3 years work experience in project planning, ideally in construction or mechanical engineering areas.
- Previous experience working on site-based projects.
- Strong commercial management background and awareness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project Management & Primavera P6 portfolio management software.
- Excellent presentation & IT skills.
- A positive attitude with a passion to succeed, an energetic approach and an ability to take accountability.
- The ability to contribute comfortably as part of a team.
- Happy to visit sites as required
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 915 8972 in complete confidence.