12 days ago
Position: Civil Project Manager
Location: Cork - Long term work in the Cork Area.
Salary: Competitive salary and package on offer
Our client, a leading Civil and Construction Contractor in business over 20 years, are now looking to recruit a Civil Project Manager to join their team in Cork.
This role will report to the Contracts Manager/ Director
- Responsible for all technical, contractual and delivery aspects of the project.
- Managing the contract programme in terms of all contract deliverables
- Review latest issue construction drawings and documents for discrepancies and errors
- Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures.
- Raise RFIs and Technical Queries with designer/client as required.
- Responsibility for commercial control of day-to-day operations on site, highlight any unforeseen costs, and to inform of any additional works which may arise.
- Carrying out quality inspections in accordance with company management systems & project requirements and ensure any non-conformances are closed out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Procurement, co-ordination, and performance management of subcontractors
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering / Construction Management or the equivalent.
- 7+ years proven experience in a similar role in the civil engineering contracting industry in Ireland or UK.
- Strong experience of earthworks, pipelines, roads, RC works & temporary works.
- Good working knowledge of standard forms of contract & TII documents (or UK equivalents)
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Full Irish Driving Licence.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visa or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland.
Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sinead today on 087 367 4475 in complete confidence.