26 days ago
Position: Production Planner - Glass Plant
Salary: Negotiable DOE
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
A key member of the plant management team the Production Planner is an attention to detail individual who is responsible for the efficient planning of all production activities in the areas assigned to them. They are responsible for understanding the capacity levels of all production areas and creating production plans that best utilize these capacities whilst delivering optimum lead times with regard to our open order book. The production planner will review forecasts / future projects and advise management of any potential production constraints in a timely manner thus allowing remedial actions to be taken well in advance of causing any production delays.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently create both long and short term production/capacity plans that make optimal utilization of plant resources and equipment.
- Conduct a monthly review of forecasts and new contracts and create long term capacity plan highlighting any capacity constraints or utilization shortfalls to the management team to initiate remedial action.
- Create Job Orders to generate demand for production materials in line with supplier lead times.
- Together with materials department set Min/Max levels of consumable materials to align with long term plan.
- Agree and publish drop dead dates for material deliveries with procurement department.
- Monitor material delivery dates and create short term production plans accordingly. Record performance and report as an OTIF KPI.
- Follow job orders through to invoicing.
- Report daily production figures to management and the wider team.
- Together with the Plant Manager establish KPI's to monitor performance of all internal influencers for the planning function.
- Create and maintain a level of flexibility in the production schedule that can deal with an agreed level of drop in orders, unplanned downtime and remakes.
- Use a rolling production plan to avail of any unutilized production slots.
- Together with the production team establish and implement policies, procedures and reporting structures that will consistently meet and exceed plant performance targets.
- Become the SME for all plant production software and ERP processes.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of other staff members.
- Support the implementation of robust data collection systems to monitor production performance and drive informed decision making.
- Be a key driver of continuous improvement and LEAN activities to eliminate waste.
- Promote a Quality and Health & Safety driven culture throughout the plant through the development and implementation of robust processes and systems in line with ISO 9001 & ISO 45001.
- Display a can-do, hands-on approach and lead by example in terms of your leadership style and work ethic.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS degree in relevant Planning or Manufacturing Management discipline.
- 5+ years' experience in a GMP or process driven manufacturing industry.
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in a planning role.
- Experience in Middle east or Gulf Region preferred.
- Glass Processing experience would be an advantage.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness and project targets.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite & MS Project.
- Strong working knowledge of Production Planning/ERP software.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Client-centric approach.
- Ability to work with multicultural workforce
- Time flexibility to ensure work schedule compliance
- Travel is accordance with company requirements
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh 00353 86 0405288 in complete confidence.