Limerick, Republic of Ireland
4 days ago
13 Feb 00:00
Position: Production Manager - Wood Timber
Salary: Neg DOE
The Production Manager will oversee and control all production and technical activities on the production floor. To supervise, train, motivate and take appropriate action when necessary in the management of staff performance. Control materials in and out of the department.
Production Manager - Responsibilities:
- Maintain high-quality levels while promoting a quality-focused culture among the staff.
- Liaise with Quality department staff to ensure our own and customer standards are realised.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is filled out as per company procedures.
- Maintain and promote high standards of housekeeping.
Productivity / Output
- Achieving production plan/targets on a continuous base and hold daily production meetings.
- Prioritise work as changes occur throughout the week.
- Record accurate production and scrap figures.
- Reduce reject production levels and identify problematic processes.
- Record and report any process issues/changes that may arise.
- Ensure all materials/consumables required for production are in place and downtime is not caused as a result of absent materials or shortfalls.
- Increase productivity through continuous improvement and lean techniques.
- Set up clear process lines for product types.
- Ensure weekly KPI's are completed and analyze them with your team on a weekly basis, report to Operations manager on same.
Health and Safety
- Responsible for the safety and training of all staff within the department.
- Ensure all staff are wearing PPE
- Log all accidents or near misses
Production Manager - Requirements:
- Fit Out Experience
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Able to take responsibility and work on own initiative.
- A proven ability to train and develop a teamwork culture.
- Technical Skills Required
- A proven knowledge of process improvement. Preferably gained through a combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of a wide range of fabrication equipment and their respective capabilities
- Excellent computer skills.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call us today on 00353 860405288 in complete confidence.