26 days ago
Position: Production Coordinator/Supervisor - Glass Plant
Salary: Negotiable DOE
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
The production supervisor is a high energy target driven individual who is responsible for delivering outputs and quality for the shift in accordance with company policies and procedures. Constantly monitoring the shop floor, they are focused on production data and will use same to make informed real time decisions to ensure delivery of the production plan. They will direct other team members as required to ensure optimal performance is achieved on the shift.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Together with the Plant Manager establish and implement policies, procedures and reporting structures that will consistently meet and exceed plant performance targets.
- Efficiently manage and direct all daily production activities.
- Implement robust data collection systems to monitor production performance and drive informed decision making.
- Play a key role in the development of plant KPI's to monitor all production related activities and deliverables.
- Set and manage Goals and Objectives for your team that will ensure the delivery of the KPI's and overall plant strategy.
- Review approve and execute the monthly production plan by coordinating with other team members to ensure that correct resource, equipment, and materials are available and ready as required.
- Deputise for the production planner in times of absence.
- Establish and drive a culture of continuous improvement with your team.
- Educate your team to eliminate the 7 forms of waste through LEAN activities.
- Support and deliver a LEAN/CI cost saving program through your team reducing operating expenditure within the business.
- Promote a Quality and Health & Safety driven culture throughout the plant through the development and implementation of robust processes and systems in line with ISO 9001 & ISO 45001.
- Display a hands on approach and lead through example in terms of your management style and work ethic.
- Responsible for development and implementation of production / manufacturing best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Analyse and implement process improvements to enhance workflows, plant layouts / automation, production quality and capacity to consistently deliver above 95% OTIF.
- Develop and implement optimal production solutions and machinery / equipment needs or acquisitions
- Provide leadership and mentoring to plant personnel.
- Establish programs to ensure department training, upskilling and succession planning are in place to deliver both the short and long term plant objectives.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS degree in relevant Engineering or Manufacturing Management discipline.
- 5+ years' experience in a GMP or process driven manufacturing industry.
- At least 5 years' experience in a management role.
- Experience in Middle east or Gulf Region preferred.
- Glass Processing experience would be an advantage.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness and project targets.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite & MS Project.
- Experience of Production Management/ERP software.
- Strong team building ability
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Client-centric approach.
- Ability to work with multicultural workforce
- Time flexibility to ensure work schedule compliance
- Travel is accordance with company requirement
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh 00353 86 0405288 in complete confidence.