Product Development Manager - Building Materials
27 days ago
Position: Product Development Manager - Building Material
Location: Dublin North
Salary: Negotiable DOE
My client, a leading distributor of building materials are seeking a Product Development Manager to join their team. Due to growth, the company are now expanding their product range to include fixings and accessories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the owner of Sales performance, Process & Strategy in your department.
- Create and implement an effective Sales Strategy with the combined sales team.
- Engage with, and build effective relationships with all contractors & builder's merchants.
- Grow new business by engaging with decision making stakeholders within the construction industry, with a focus on large contracts and projects.
- Build existing customer relationships to improve customer satisfaction, business retention and cross sales.
- Identify and act on market trends that develop in the industry.
- Recognise gaps and opportunities to expand our product portfolio.
- Deliver updates via CRM (training will be provided).
- Attend supplier and industry events to promote the company brand.
- Work collaboratively with our key Suppliers and Manufacturers.
- Build a strong network of industry & sector partners, installers, architects & builders for both business growth and retention.
- Prepare customer proposals and solutions with clear costings and evaluations.
- Achieve Sales & Margin KPIs set by management team.
- Work effectively as part of the wider sales team, with customer operations and logistics
- 5+ year's experience in a sales/technical role.
- 5+ year's experience in the construction and/or building materials sector.
- A proven track record of achieving Sales & Margin Targets.
- Experience with dealing with suppliers and negotiating rates.
- Working with operations team in managing effective stock profile.
- Full Clean Driving Licence Essential.
- Strong communication, presentation & IT proficient.
- Must be confident, resilient and target driven.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh 086 0405288 in complete confidence.