13 days ago
Position: Packing Area/Production Support Operator
Location: West Wicklow
Salary: Neg DOE
The Job: To ensure product is packed, palletised and dispatched to meet the standards and timelines of the customer.
- To adhere to the weekly dispatch requirements and to pack/ palletise the order quantity required by the customer.
- Preparation of shipment and transacting on SAP
- To communicate with the area supervisor and the other personnel in the packing department in an effective manner such that issues are resolved on a day to day basis and the area is manned appropriately.
- Observe the quality of production parts supplied for packing and escalate any issues observed without delay.
- To maintain a clean working area. Making sure packaging is kept off the packing area floor and insure that reporting of packing activities - machine problems and quality concerns are reported without delay.
- Pack products in compliance to our agreed specifications, quality systems and BOM's.
- To follow Health and Safety requirements within the packing department and liaise with the EHS representative or Area Supervisor of concerns.
- Load/Unload lorries (where trained). Support for all warehousing activities.
- To be able to adapt and meet levels required within all areas of the picking/packing training profiles and be flexible and willing to take part in job rotation within the department
- To attend all relevant communication meetings within the company to ensure an awareness of issues within the packing department area and the business as a whole.
- To be continual, effective and consistent in their performance. Consistent improvement in KPIs in area, particularly in the measurement of shipment deviations
- To be able to work as part of a team and do repetitive tasks for a long period of time with making errors.
- To operate various packing tools/ machines in a responsible and appropriate manner.
- To ensure the correct packaging of units - minimize time - material and wastage.
- Perform stock takes during the year and support full physical stock count at year end.
- To perform other duties as assigned (eg Lean/5s)
- Maintain a high level of alertness and accuracy in execution of tasks.
- Good positive approachable attitude,
- Excellent communication skills, honest and flexible
- Willing to work overtime when required and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- To complete documentation as necessary for record\traceability purposes
- Execute instructions.
- The ability to work within a team and be a valuable team player.
- To show initiative and a willingness to improve the operation of the packing department in a proactive manner.
- The nature of this role is such that standing for periods of time and lifting boxes can be involved.
- Experience in manufacturing environment is an advantage but is not essential.
- Forklift license
- A willingness to undertake training as required by the role (eg mobile platform usage).
- An ability and willingness to learn IT skills as outlined above.
This role requires a high degree of physical mobility. Manual handling tasks are an integral part of this role with a requirement to lift and handle materials (boxed and bagged) from various heights in the warehouse. Some warehouse locations are accessed via stairs- conveyors are in place for transporting larger products up/down stairs.
Lifting equipment is available for heavier loads and manual handling training is mandatory at initial employment and defined intervals (generally every 3 years) thereafter. Operation of pallet trucks and stacker is required upon completion of training.
Movement of trolleys containing product as well as occasional bending/stooping will be encountered during packing tasks. Equipment is made available to assist where practical.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 910 8019 in complete confidence.