20 days ago
Position: P6 Planner - Facade Aluminium Glass
Salary: Negotiable DOE
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Head of Project Control, the Master Scheduler is responsible for scheduling and coordinating all projects requirements from the various departments within the company to ensure they are tracking to target. They will continually review and update requirements and deliverables so that project and department performance against plan is completely transparent. In coordination with Project Controls Head, they will make priority calls based on data and real time company strategy. They will liaise closely with project management, design scheduling, materials coordinator, production planning, logistics and accounts. The master scheduler will review forecasts / future projects and advise management of any potential constraints in a timely manner thus allowing remedial actions to be taken well in advance of causing any project delays.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaises with planning functions for all departments to create both long- and short-term demand & delivery capacity plans which make optimal utilization of resources and achieves best deliverables in line with customer requirements.
- Conduct a bi-weekly review of current jobs, forecasts and new contracts use these to create the long-term capacity plan highlighting any capacity constraints or utilization shortfalls to the management team to initiate remedial action.
- Agree and publish critical milestone dates for material deliveries with procurement department.
- Daily monitor material delivery dates and adjust short term plans accordingly.
- Agree, track and update design deliverables and adjust plans to reflect status.
- Daily agree, track and update production deliverables and adjust plans to reflect status.
- Daily review client demand and reprioritize as appropriate within agreed guidelines set for each department.
- Record delivery performance for each department and report as a KPI identifying Root Cause for poor performance and working with department heads to agree/approve permanent fix for continuous improvement
- Carry out Risk analysis with other departments and develop mitigation to avoid impacts to schedule.
- Track performance against schedule with the accounts department to control costs.
- Report daily performance figures to management and the wider team.
- Create and maintain a level of flexibility in the schedule that can deal with an agreed level of unforeseen demand or drop-off.
- Use a rolling plan to avail of any unutilized delivery slots and monthly issue reports highlighting upcoming availability of capacity and any capacity constraints
- Well versed planning software/tools and thorough knowledge about Critical Path Analysis (CPM), and Earned Value analysis (EV).
- Be an ERP Super User and impart your knowledge to other user to best maximise the outputs from the system.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of other staff members.
- Support the implementation of robust data collection systems to monitor company performance and drive informed decision making.
- Be a key driver of continuous improvement and LEAN activities to eliminate waste.
- Display a can-do, hands-on approach and lead by example in terms of your leadership style and work ethic.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS degree in relevant Planning or Manufacturing Management discipline.
- 5+ years' experience in a GMP or process driven manufacturing industry.
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in a planning role.
- Experience in Middle east or Gulf Region preferred.
- Glass Processing experience would be an advantage.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness and project targets.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite & MS Project.
- Strong working knowledge of Production Planning/ERP software.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Client-centric approach.
- Ability to work with multicultural workforce
- Time flexibility to ensure work schedule compliance
- Travel is accordance with company requirements
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh 00353 86 0405288 in complete confidence.