10 months ago
Position: Quantity Surveyor / Estimator - Mechanical
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Excellent Opportunity for QS/ Estimator to join an established HVAC Company
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Estimation Manager to prepare contractors proposals, forming part of the tender submission together with input into programmes, organisation charts, and other required documentation.
- Provide a fully detailed tender, based on a performance specification and consult layout drawings for the project.
- Send enquiries and work closely with procurement and supply chain at tender stage to ensure that tender costs are correct and competitive.
- Work with the Estimation Manager to cost preliminaries based on contract duration and requirements.
- Collate all elements of the estimate in conjunction with the commercial team and put the final bid together.
- Follow up on the bids submission and manage through to contract stage, where required, this will include obtaining feedback on the pricing and working alongside our sales team.
- Provide Value Engineering options and associated costs, utilizing innovation and the supply chain to ensure we add value in our tender where appropriate.
- Represent the Company at site visits and meetings with clients as required.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for the efficiency of the business.
- Accurately quantifying all material, plant, and labour requirements ensuring that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour is satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- All tasks undertaken line with our estimating process and procedures, systems, and database. Maintain the estimating system to ensure all labour norms and cost are correct.
- Prepare the tender pack, to include collation and final draft, and present to Estimation Manager for sign off.
- Trade background or a technical qualification.
- Experience in pricing works up to €10 million
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Results driven with a strong understanding of financial and budgetary control
- Strong understanding of Mechanical services
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 915 8972 in complete confidence.