17 days ago
POSITION: Mechanical Estimator
SALARY: Negotiable DOE
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN AN EXCITING WELL ESTABLISHED ENGINEERING FIRM
- Experience in mechanical contracting environment essential
- Provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of major projects in accordance with procedures.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation.
- Liaise with clients and Consultants from initial enquiries through to final accounts on the production and agreement of account details and securing final payment without undue penalty.
- Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors and internal team members in relation to pricing variations.
- Cost Control/Management of Projects
- Preparing measures and works packages for procurement and valuation purposes.
- Negotiating and purchasing of Sub-Contractors and suppliers.
- Closely monitor and process project variations.
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports.
- Reporting to management on the financial progression of projects.
- Monitor project costs against budgets, identify problems/opportunities and recommend /implement change where necessary.
- Occasionally attending meetings and site visits
- Knowledge of mechanical material & system types, supply chain, and sub-contractor network.
- Enthusiastic with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to read drawings and do take-offs.
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels in the company and clients
- Ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Proven experience of managing tenders from enquiry to award stage
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 910 8019 in complete confidence.