12 days ago
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer - Static
Job Location: Tipperary
Our client, an expert, global engineering, and full-service project management firm is now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
Experience in the Oil & Gas processing & LNG industry is essential
Aramco FEED project experience will be advantageous
Work schedule: 3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from home
- Experience in FEED and detailed engineering services applicable to Static Equipment (Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Columns and Storage Tanks) for Refineries and Petrochemicals plants.
- Preparation of datasheets, design, and specifications.
- Review of drawings and Design calculations of static equipment during detail engineering phase.
- Provide overall static and package equipment technical leadership and expertise.
- Experience in Engineering proposal, estimation & costing.
- Study and Understand client specifications and requirements and do designing using relevant software and as per applicable codes and standards.
- Evaluation of vendor offer and technical bid tabulation before awarding contracts.
- Continual interaction for resolving technical queries that arises during the detailed engineering phase of the projects.
- Interface with other Discipline Engineers of PMT and FEED with respect to static equipment issues. Ensure that the Static Equipment design meet the Project, safety, environmental, operational, quality, cost, design, and schedule objectives.
- Review Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs) for safe and operable static equipment features.
- Directs and oversees the activities of inspection, monitoring and certifying the quality of all static and package equipment and project installations.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 05 to 15 Years' experience in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Saudi Aramco project experience will be advantageous
- Ability to work across multiple offices with project setup experience
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritization and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Engineering Design software programs working in a BIM environment.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Andrew today on 0599158978 in complete confidence.