12 days ago
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer - Rotating
Our client, an expert, global engineering, and full-service project management firm is now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
Experience in the Oil & Gas processing & LNG industry is essential
Aramco FEED project experience will be advantageous
Work schedule: 3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from home
- To provide specialist rotating equipment input to conceptual studies and detailed design for Oil & Gas project developments.
- Develop technical specifications for rotating equipment's according to the project standards
- Perform engineering design works for all the rotating equipment.
- Reviewing client's technical requirements and specifications and incorporate into project designs.
- Troubleshooting of rotating equipment manufacturing issue and other plant problems.
- Investigate causes of equipment failure. Develop repair methods and design changes to improve equipment reliability.
- Planned and witnessed major rotating equipment inspections and overhauls based on equipment reliability.
- Develop preventative maintenance strategies.
- Develop Piping and Instrument Diagrams for the rotating equipment and highlight any discrepancy and take a corrective action.
- Quality Assurance Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Oil & Gas Business Unit
- Safety Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 5 to 15 Years' experience in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Saudi Aramco project experience will be advantageous
- Ability to work across multiple offices with project setup experience
- Experience with the development of layouts for new facilities
- Experienced in the specification for, evaluation of and documentation of rotating equipment packages.
- Work is performed in accordance with broad technical guidelines.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritization and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Andrew today on 0599158978 in complete confidence.