about 2 months ago
Position: M&E Estimator/ QS
Salary: Neg DOE
Elk are currently recruiting for a M&E Estimator or Quantity Surveyor for a multi- disciplinary Building Services Company in Waterford.
This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer or Quantity Surveyor with a driven commercial focus to be responsible for the production of estimates in relation to tenders for all sectors of the building services realm. The role will include management of relationships client teams and material and equipment suppliers.
Graduates and candidates with up to 3 years experience will be considered.
M&E Estimator/ QS Responsibilities:
- Preparation of Mechanical & Electrical estimates
- Analysis of engineering drawings
- Material take-offs
- Preparation of sub-contractor and supplier enquiries and contract documents
- Liaison with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaison with engineering design team members
- Value engineering assessment of different options and solutions
- Attending pre and post tender meetings
- Pre tender site surveys and reports
- Completion of Pre Qual documents in relation to certain tenders
- Establishing new business contacts and opportunities
M&E Estimator Requirements:
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- 2 to 3 years experience in M & E estimating.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical works, ideally within the building services sector.
- Previous estimating experience
- The ability to work independently and to manage inputs from a range of specialist suppliers and in-house staff
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Be results oriented and have the ability to work under pressure
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Word, and ideally some experience of Microsoft Project and an estimating software system.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene Curtis on 0860651940 in complete confidence