11 months ago
Position: Lead Technician
Salary: Neg DOE
Our Client, a construction management team that specialises in internal fit-out modular construction, is now looking for a Lead Technician to join their team in Cork.
The successful candidate may work with the design team and be involved in a number of projects at various stages, and having site-based experience in the delivery of projects is beneficial.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience working with and leading projects from inception through to Construction stages, along with leading our BIM modelling team.
- Assist with managing or manage the workload of projects
- Collaborate with team, sub-contractors, and the client to ensure accurate installation of our Scope
- Ensure QA / QC compliance of work carried out by BIM team
- Attend design, client & site meetings and construction reviews as required
- Assist with site staff in interpreting and amending models/drawings
- Carry out clash management on all systems when required
- Understand and ensure any changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to BIM project teams
- Ensure integration of models into the federated model for overall co-ordination
- Carry out field surveying and verification of installed services as required
- The organisation reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business need requires it
- A relevant degree in a design/drafting related qualification desirable
- 5+ years' experience in a design to fabrication industry
- Extensive understanding of AutoCAD, BIM and Revit, Knowledge of other packages desirable such as Navisworks, Plant 3D and BIM 360
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to achieve project deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of Irish building regulations
- Prior experience in contributing to projects from inception through to Site is highly beneficial
- Must be able to convey accurate information to different stakeholders effectively
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Self-Driven and willingness to learn, adopting a 'can do' mentality and work ethic
- Thrives in a high pressure environment, is confident, and has strong communication skills.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Andrew today on 0599158978 in complete confidence.