Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Up to €30000 per annum
21 days ago
01 Mar 00:00
Position: Junior / Graduate Civil Engineer (s)
Salary: €30k + Vehicle
What Makes This Company Different?
- CPD Ireland accredited employer - Engineers Ireland Graduate Programme.
- Mentoring program available. Review system in place for job progression.
- One of the very few Civil Engineering Companies in Ireland that will provide Graduate/Junior Employees with a company vehicle.
On behalf of our client, based in Kildare with sites located predominantly around the greater Dublin area, Elk Recruitment are now looking for Graduate / Junior Civil Engineers. A level 8 qualification in Civil Engineering minimum is required. Experience not essential. Training will be offered.
Successful candidates MUST have a full Irish drivers licence to be considered for this role.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- The candidate needs to be aware of all relevant Health and Safety procedures as per company policy and these must be communicated to the relevant people and must be strictly complied with.
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information,
- Need to be familiar with the Form of Contract on the Project and the implications that any variation or change orders will have on the program and costs,
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower,
- Regularly checking and surveying of ongoing work
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents,
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specification,
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports, site diary,
- Liaising with purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements,
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project,
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering minimum.
- Full Irish drivers licence.
- Good technical ability.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
If you have any interest in this role, call Arlene in Elk Recruitment for an informal chat on 0599176301 or email