Dublin, Republic of Ireland
26 days ago
Position: Junior Quantity Surveyor - Career Progression
Location: Dublin, travel will be required to construction sites around Ireland.
Salary: NEG DOE
The Curtain Walling Designer / Design Draughts Person will work closely with the team to ensure their drawings are produced are to the necessary requirements for each project.
Junior Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Implement cost control system.
- Prepare monthly cost reports for current projects.
- Review contractual arrangements between employer and Main Contractors / Clients.
- Prepare and submit interim payment applications for on-going projects.
- Prepare and submit change orders and variations to on-going projects.
- Attend site to review progress and agree monthly valuations with M.C. Quantity Surveyors.
- Negotiate and agree final accounts with Main Contractors / Clients.
- Where necessary, prepare extension of time claims and any other contractual claims.
- In co-operation with the Contracts Manager appoint installation sub-contractors and other key sub- contractors.
- Assess sub-contractor payment applications and certify payments.
- Pre-tender and post-tender discussions with clients and professional teams.
- Resolve contractual issues with Clients, Design Teams, Main Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
- Attend project meetings and identify potential variations and revenue-generating opportunities.
- Assist Estimating with detailed measurement and take-offs where necessary.
Junior Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Third-level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- 2+ years of experience
- Good working knowledge of contracts - Government Public Works, RIAI and JCT
- Knowledge & experience of curtain walling / specialist contracting / main contracting.
- Enthusiasm and drive.
A company that supplies specialist design, fabrication and installation services to the construction industry. It designs, manufactures and installs high specification metal and glass facades in Ireland and the UK. Perks:
- Ongoing Training
- Competitive Salary
- Career Development
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, send your CV to Rachel Wood, , or call 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.