about 1 month ago
· Generally to oversee all contractual and commercial matters on behalf of Company on specific projects undertaken by Company under the supervision and guidance of a Commercial Manager or the Commercial Director.
· To work as part of the project team, based primarily on site, under the guidance/instruction of a Commercial Manager or the Commercial Director where necessary, in some site/project instances to also take instruction from the Project Manager or Project Director.
· To assist in the implementation and application of all procedures put in place for a site, to best protect Company.
· To participate in all forms of cost control on a project as required, to keep to a minimum the outgoing costs of a projects.
· To assist in the compilation and issue of sub-contract enquiries and the review and report on offers received.
· To participate in the award of sub contracts as necessary.
· Participate in the production of an account of costs incurred or loss suffered due to the action, inaction or negligence of others including the Client, main contractor, other Sub-Contractors, Participate in the submission of the same to the relevant party on a regular basis, discuss, negotiate and agree settlement alongside the Commercial Manager and/or Director where necessary.
· Participate in the production and maintenance of a record of all materials procured on behalf of Company, or those procured that were originally part of the Company price. Issue this on a monthly basis to Company, or their representative, for ongoing agreement.
· Closely monitor all variations and additional work to Company and to their sub-contractors; price and agree the cost/value and time as applicable where required, regularly as the work progresses.
· Maintain an up to date schedule of variations for advice to the Commercial Manager or the Commercial Director as required.
· Maintain an ongoing assessment of the Anticipated Final Cost for advice to the Commercial Manager or the Commercial Director as required.
· Participate in the compilation and agreement of Company Final Account where necessary.
· Participate in the compilation and agreement of the Final account of the Company Sub-Contractors, as necessary.
· Maintain and follow all Company Policy, especially Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, Environmental, etc.
· Monitor and instigate a reply as needed for all contractual correspondence on a project with the guidance and advice of the Commercial Manager and Commercial Director where necessary.
· Ensure the correct notices are in place to best protect the Company interests especially in relation to the Company rights for extension of time and/or loss and expense and to protect Company from any claims against them.
· Participate in the compilation of regular cost & value reconciliations for submission to the Commercial Director as required.
· Participate in the compilation of a Project Review Report on a monthly basis, or as required, for submission to the Directors in the format as instructed.
· Carry out a regular, as necessary, monthly or otherwise, valuation of work by all sub-contractors on a project. Agree the same with the sub-contractors and issue payment based on the terms of their sub-contract.
· Carry out a valuation of the Company works, submit to and agree same with the Client/Contractor's Representative. Timing to be as laid down in the relevant Contract Documents.
· Where necessary, assist in the compilation of any claims for extension of