Dublin, Republic of Ireland
7 months ago
14 Nov 00:00
Position: Junior Project Manager (Roofing and Cladding)
Location: Dublin (willing to travel abroad)
Salary: Neg DOE
On behalf of one of Irelands leading Roofing contractors we are seeking Junior PM's to join their team. Travel within Europe will be required. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with drive and willingness to learn.
Competitive salary, full training, mentoring, coaching, career progression and host of benefits on offer.
- Assist the PM in ensuring that appropriate levels of labour are on site on all CRL projects and ensure all operatives are fully compliant with regard to Health & Safety (H&S).
- Assist with formulating and implementing site inspection practices to safeguard good quality installation and finished product. This will include quality assurance plans and Inspection reports regimes.
- Assist with developing site specific risk assessments and method statements and update during project if required
- Help to develop project programme using Microsoft Project and ensure it is adhered to on-site, update as necessary.
- Attend site coordination meetings along with Contracts/ Project Manager
- Liaise with Contracts/ Project Manager and familiarise yourself with the Bill of Quantities in order to get an appreciation of project from commercial perspective.
- Help to ensure incurred installation labour costs are in line with estimated costs.
- Help to ensure attendance and preliminary costs are in line with estimated costs
- Assist with re-measures of completed works on-site and submit to the Contracts Manager.
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery of materials and ensure quality checks are being implemented on-site.
- Maintain a good working relationship with both operatives and the Main Contractor/Client
- Ensure all works on site are undertaken in accordance with safe working practices and current Health and Safety legislation, be constantly vigilant to any actual or potential hazards, and encourage such vigilance among all site personnel
- Safeguard the Company's position by ensuring relevant site events are recorded and reported in writing to the Main Contractor/Client quickly and contractually. This should include daily site diaries and photographic records.
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred.
- One years experience in the roofing/cladding sector in a project management role is an advantage.
- Knowledge in roofing construction methods and practices, including safety codes and requirements
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
- Excellent organisational skills
- Current drivers licence
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV and we can call to discuss further. Or feel free to contact Helen on 086 0405288 for more information.