15 days ago
Facade Designer Responsibilities:
- Review Architect's drawings and propose design solutions.
- Assist estimating in providing design solutions at enquiry stage.
- Prepare fabrication drawings and cutting lists.
- Review programme with Contracts Manager and agree design / procurement programme.
- Visit site as required, assisting with contract / site management.
- Keep abreast of product and system developments.
- Ensure good economical design, encouraging standardisation of details, to achieve best use of available resources.
- Prepare approval drawings and achieve approved status.
- Prepare material schedules.
- Send out purchase requisitions.
- Liaise with consultants.
- Prepare Design Safety Risk Assessments.
- Prepare installation drawings / instructions.
- Resolve technical difficulties.
- Co-operate with preparation of valuations.