Kildare, Republic of Ireland
€35000 - €45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Junior Estimator
Salary Neg: €35k to €45k
This is an opportunity to join a business with a long history in the role of Estimator - Aluminium & Joinery Manufacturing. You will work on a range of interesting and challenging projects and have excellent career opportunities.
- The Estimator will log all tender documents received
- The Estimator will arrange for a copy to be taken of all tender documents received and stamp them 'Tender Documents'
- The Estimator will break down the Bill of Quantities into Direct Labour/ Direct Materials and sub-contract packages. If the invite to tender is on a drawings and specification, a bill of quantities is to be produced. The Estimator in conjunction with GM will ensure this is produced externally.
- The Estimator will give a list of direct materials to the Procurement department who will seek a minimum of three competitive quotations for each material and make a recommendation to the Estimator of which quote should be included in the tender.
- The Estimator will put together a tender enquiry for each subcontract package this will include as required an enquiry letter, the relevant extract from the Bill of Quantities, the relevant extract from the specification, the relevant drawings and any relevant investigation report. The Estimator will seek three quotes for each package and will clearly state in the cover letter by what date these tenders must be returned. The Estimator will then ensure their return and fully analyse the quotes.
- The Estimator will further check the quotes for their completeness and finally, decide which quote should be used to compile the tender.The Estimator and the General Manager will review the drawings and acquire a knowledge of the contract. They will also review the proposed programme for the contract and will determine how the tender can be tactically priced.
- The Estimator will build up from first principles a rate for each direct work item using the bank of information developed for labour outputs also using the current labour rates, and will further use the rates the procurement department have provided for supply items. To the supply items the Estimator will allow the required wastage percentage.
- The Estimator will then price out the subcontract element of the Bill of Quantities using the quotes obtained.
- The Estimator together with the General Manager will then discuss and agree on the profit that should be added to the tender. They will also discuss, if applicable, what percentage should be added to the tender to cover the inflation that they estimate will occur during the contract period.
- The Estimator will complete the tender form and deliver it to the relevant person, on or before the agreed time and date for its submission.
- If successful with the tender the Estimator will call a hand over meeting with the Post Contract Management team and the relevant Directors at which they will impart their knowledge to the team and handover all relevant documents including the subcontract quotations to the General Manager and Surveyor.
- During the contract the Estimator will discuss with the Project Quantity Surveyor how the works are performing against the targets set, which will assist him in preparing future tenders.
- The Estimator will discuss all options available at the time to help reduce costs
- All tenders submissions will be cleared by the General Manager
- The Estimator will assist in the procurement all materials for the project
If this role is of interest to you feel free to call Noelle on 0860483963.