12 days ago
Position: Joinery Setting Out / Internal Project manager
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Joinery Setting Out/ Internal Project Manager with a proven track record to join a growing fitout contractor.
The purpose of the position will be to convert client design intent drawings by means of AutoCAD and or other suitable drawing packages into Cabinetry and Architectural Joinery manufacturing details at the highest Level, including sourcing of materials, pre-production planning / scheduling and overseeing the delivery of projects against agreed timescales / targets.
- Review clients project design debriefs.
- Attend sites to undertake site detailed surveys, including setting out to grids and datum's, where required
- Attending site during projects to provide coordination with the professional team, including clients and architects
- Co-ordinate all details and interfaces with other trade contractors e.g. fabrication, lighting, plumbing, glazing etc
- Work individually and facilitating the delivery of project drawings as part of a team
- Produce cutting sheets based on joinery setting out details
- Produce material 'take offs' working from joinery setting out details
- Liaising in house with the estimating, contracts, and production departments as well as designers, architects, clients and various trades
- Use of many systems, including but not limited to AutoCAD 3D, Autodesk Inventor, Cutlist Plus, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, SharePoint and Word
- Maintain Health & Safety guidelines and following strict guidelines on procedures for safe use of materials when designing/ setting out manufacturing jobs for the workshop and to site
- Being able to deliver the information, in an accurate and timely manner in line with programme requirements
- Maintain accurate documentation for as built files for each project
- Provide regular updates to the project management team regarding the status of their projects
- Ensure your working area is kept neat and tidy at all times and general housekeeping maintained to assist with health and safety procedures
- Co-ordinate design concepts with all designers, architects, sub-contractors and other relevant personnel
- Produce drawings to the appropriate level of detail (including specialist materials)
- A 3rd Level Degree in design is a distinct advantage
- A full clean driver's licence and a form of transport would be an advantage
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Have at least 2 years in a similar position
- Have experience of technical development, value engineering and CNC programming
- Have a sound knowledge of wood manufacturing through finishing, machinery, and assembly
- Sound IT skills ranging from Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Inventor software
- Will have a strong understanding of shop-fitting, furniture manufacture and preferably have had a hands-on joinery-based background from a similar market sector
- Experience of supply to major retailer's desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene on 0860651940 in complete confidence