16 days ago
Position: Health and Safety Officer
Salary: Neg DOE
An excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland's leading Mechanical, Electrical & Maintenance Contracting Companies.
- Conducting regular, formal and informal site audits and carrying out required inspections as directed in the Safety Management System and applicable legislation.
- Ensuring that records of statutory inspections are kept up to date for all activities, and plant equipment
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to accompany and assist with inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programs for new employees or contractors working on site
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required
- Serving as representative at H&S related Site meetings;
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for Contractor and Sub-Contractors personnel;
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement, relevant documentation and records as well as required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Director updated
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Liaising with management with regard to Training requirements
- Liaising with management with regards to Safe-T-Cert audits and requirements
- Furthermore, assist with any H&S related assistance as and when so required by the H&S Manager and Director.
- Recognised 3rd Level Qualification.
- Previous experience on construction sites up to at least one year.
- Previous experience working directly for M&E Contractors on Construction Sites a distinct advantage.
- IT Proficient - Microsoft Word, Excel, and E-Mail. Valid Irish or equivalent Driver's license. Must be able to work in a team environment, but also self sufficient.Have good communication skills
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 915 8972 in complete confidence.