10 days ago
Position: Health and Safety Officer - Part Time
Salary: NEG DOE
Elk Recruitment is currently seeking a part time Health and Safety Officer for a well-established client based in Co Dublin. This vacancy is a fantastic opportunity to join a building products company.
- Provide health and safety training to employees such as manual handling, toolbox talks and safety induction.
- Carry out risk assessments on existing and new projects.
- Work on both commercial and residential sites and be involved in induction training.
- Manage and track health and safety internally.
- Document control: responsible for ensuring emergency plan, safety procedures, and safety statement are up to date.
- Data entry: responsible for logging of incidents, inspections, toolbox talks and creation of reports on monthly or weekly basis.
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years' experience in health and safety within the construction industry.
- Capability to work 3 full days or 5 half days (25 hours)
- Ability to advise on health, safety, and environmental issues on a day-to-day basis.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to attend sites/ office and work remotely from time to time depending on the requirements of the business.
- Competency & Behaviour
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, and administrative skills.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Alison Ryan on 0598629905 in complete confidence.