7 days ago
Job: Health & Safety Officer
Location: Offaly - Dublin
Salary: Neg DOE
Elk are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer for an established and reputable Construction Company based in Co. Offaly, with projects between the Midlands and Dublin.
Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Ensure Safety Personnel are fully competent and maintaining compliance on all projects.
- Support the Site Management Team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective Health Safety & Training policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the business objectives are met.
- Retain ISO standards and ensure the continuous improvement and development of the integrated management safety system.
- Knowledge, and applications of OHSAS 18001, OHSAS 1400 standards.
- Assist with developing health and safety plans that comply with company policies and procedures as well as internal and external stakeholders' requirements.
- Keep abreast of any health and safety legislative changes ensuring the company stays compliant at all times.
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.
- Protect all employees, customers and the environment.
- Recommend changes to protect workers and educate employees on how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training programs.
- Investigate and report on all accidents and incidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Manage risk assessments.
- Manage safety statistic reporting within and benchmark performance with relative other industries.
- Regularly conduct training needs analysis and ensure trainers have the correct training.
- Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company's training and Health & Safety (i.e. emergency response systems, etc.)
- Report to management team and provide monthly updates on all Health & Safety for the company.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Safety Officer Requirements:
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety from a recognised Irish or UK institution.
- 5+ years' experience in Health and Safety within a construction environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- Strong IT and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with pharmaceutical construction or renovation projects essential.
- Full Irish drivers' licence.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh on 00353 86 040 5288 in complete confidence.