Carlow, Republic of Ireland
7 days ago
17 Feb 00:00
Position: Health and Safety Officer
Salary: Neg DOE
Elk are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer for an established Construction and Project Management Contractors based in Carlow, with most imminent projects based in and around Carlow town and County.
Our client works with commercial, public sector and residential developments including refurbishment projects, fit-outs and a variety of other projects. This role would be ideal for a Health and Safety Officer who desires to progress in their career.
Health and Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Ensure Safety Personnel are fully competent and maintaining compliance on all projects.
- Retain ISO standards and ensure the continuous improvement and development of the integrated management safety system.
- Keep abreast of any health and safety legislative changes ensuring the company stays compliant at all times.
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.
- Protect all employees, customers and the environment.
- Recommend changes to protect workers and educate employees on how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training programs.
- Investigate and report on all accidents and incidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Manage risk assessments.
- Regularly conduct training needs analysis and ensure trainers have the correct training.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Health and Safety Officer Requirements:
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety.
- 3+ years' experience in Health and Safety within a construction environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- Strong IT and communication skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If the position above is of interest to you, please call Arlene in Elk for an informal chat on 0599176301 or reply to this job listing.