Health & Safety Advisors - Nationwide
Republic of Ireland
11 days ago
Position: Health and Safety Officer
Salary: Neg DOE
The Job: Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, the Health & Safety Site Representative will work on a number of key projects nationwide, and will be responsible for assisting in the monitoring and enforcing of environmental health and safety standards across the business.
- Maintaining the EHS system to ensure full implementation across all projects and all sites.
- Developing and implementing guidelines, processes and documentation to support the Company in addressing and enforcing the required standards, within both health & safety and environmental legislation.
- Preparing and inspecting both Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) along with PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage) documentation.
- Conducting both administrative and site audits to ensure contractual obligations are being met.
- Observing personnel to ensure EHS compliance. This will include monitoring specialist subcontractors, agency & direct employees.
- Assisting with incident investigations and utilisation of root cause analysis processes.
- Ensuring continued compliance with all regulatory standards, including ISO14000 & ISO45001.
- Being proactive in identifying both positive and negative events, while possessing the ability to implement realistic corrective and preventive measures.
- Managing & maintaining employee training records in conjunction with relevant colleagues.
- Creating & developing content for the EHS intranet to include best practice policies and procedures.
- The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail, be a good communicator and have previous experience working in a similar environment.
- Have a relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Possess a reasonable level of knowledge of Irish Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Preferably have qualifications in the following areas - First Aid and Manual Handling.
- Have knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Construction industries.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to generate detailed monthly reports.
- Be conscientious, have excellent attention to detail and an ability to multitask.
- Have a positive attitude with a passion to succeed, an energetic approach and an ability to take accountability.
- The ability to contribute comfortably as part of a team.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 915 8972 in complete confidence.