about 1 month ago
Reporting to the Head of EHS & CSR, and working as part of the EHS team, the successful candidate will promote, motivate personnel and strive for a world class safety performance for our site.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing advice, support and guidance across the organisation on all matters of legal compliance regarding EHS Management
- Establish and maintain an occupational monitoring programme and carry out routine occupational monitoring assessments. This includes accurately sampling occupational exposure levels, (including dust, noise, chemicals, lighting, etc.).
- Interpret results and address any inadequacies in safeguards.
- Maintain detailed and accurate reports.
- Ensure all associated monitoring equipment is correctly maintained.
- Play and active role in maintaining and continuously improving all aspects of the EHS management systems (ISO Standards) and SAFE Programme.
- Prepare / review SOP's, WISOP's and training programmes as required.
- Develop a safety communication and consultation programme working with the Safety Representative, Supervisors and all employees.
- Carry out EHS hazard identification and risk assessments and implement controls and emergency procedures.
- Maintain complete data on accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences and investigate as necessary.
- Provide training on a variety of EHS topics including manual handling, noise awareness, chemical safety, etc.
- Provide support to other departments on EHS aspects of new projects.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities in the absence of the Head of EHS & CSR
- Undertake such activities as are assigned and as relate to the EHS aspects of the organisation, including auditing, contractor management, insurance inspections, promoting safety culture, etc.