Dublin, Republic of Ireland
3 months ago
Position: Junior / Graduate Civil Engineer
Salary: Neg DOE
On behalf of our client, based in Kildare with sites located around Leinster and Dublin, Elk Recruitment are now looking for Graduate / Junior Civil Engineers. A third-level qualification in Civil Engineering is required. Experience beneficial but not essential.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- The candidate needs to be aware of all relevant Health and Safety procedures as per company policy and these must be communicated to the relevant people and must be strictly complied with.
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information,
- Need to be familiar with the Form of Contract on the Project and the implications that any variation or change orders will have on the program and costs,
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower,
- Regularly checking and surveying of ongoing work
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents,
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specification,
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports, site diary,
- Liaising with purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements,
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project,
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised third level institution.
- Good technical ability.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
If you have any interest in this role, call Eilise in Elk Recruitment for a chat on 0599176301 or email