Dublin, Republic of Ireland
about 2 months ago
18 Feb 00:00
Role: Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Dublin & Cork (Either by candidates' choice)
Our client, one of the Europe's leading engineering professional services firms, are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer. Our client provides services relating to engineering, architecture, design, planning, project management and consulting services for all aspects of the built environment.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland.
Geotechnical Engineer Role:
As a geotechnical engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking the geotechnical design of several multidisciplinary projects both in Ireland and continental Europe. This will involve coordinating junior staff within tight timeframes. You will have strong technical skills both in design and field.
Geotechnical Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering.
- A post-graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Mechanics, or equivalent is an advantage.
- Ideally Chartered status of a professional engineering organisation.
- 5 + years' experience in geotechnical design and construction.
- Demonstrated strong technical understanding of: excavations, foundations, earthworks, slopes.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills. Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher than normal workload.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Experience of planning, managing, supervising and interpreting geotechnical investigations.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
- Experience and ability in 3D modelling, scripting, numerical analysis or GIS would be an advantage.
- Appreciation of contaminated land/waste issues would be an advantage.
- Flexibility to travel, and full drivers licence an advantage.
If you have any interest in this role, please call Arlene in Elk for an informal chat on 0599176301 or reply to this job posting.