Antrim, County Antrim
£40000 - £45000 per annum
13 days ago
Job Description: General Manager
Salary: £40k p/a
We are currently recruiting a proven and dynamic General Manager who can demonstrate they have managed growth, whilst maintaining quality and staff engagement. Experience in a door, joinery or other woodworking operation is desirable but, not essential.
- Oversee the generation of quotations to required deadlines in the required volumes and at agreed margins.
- Control and report on quote bank, order bank and conversion rates.
- Control the conversion of orders into manufacturing schedules and effective procurement of materials, ensuring raw materials arrive in a timely fashion, so as not to impede workflow through the factory.
- Manage liaison with sites where onsite measurement before production is required.
- Ensure timely dispatch and invoicing of finished goods to meet customer schedules.
- Oversee day to day operations and report on and ensure output (£ and volume) and quality targets are met.
- Continuously reduce costs and/or improve efficiency of the process.
- Develop cost effective plans to debottleneck and improve the process workflow.
- Develop a strategic plan to relocate the business to larger premises in 3 to 5 years with a seamless transition.
- Ensure employees are productive and develop as individuals and are aligned with the business strategy.
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees in order to meet increasing volumes.
- Ensure compliance with current legislation
- Oversea the production of monthly and annual accounts, together with cashflow in conjunction with group FD.
- Capable of developing strategic plans with a financial budget to support.
- Ability to develop capital and expense proposals to improve output or reduce costs.
- Knowledge of cash flow and debtor control.
- Carry out annual review of procurement to ensure value for money is being achieved.
- Proven GM experience or executive manufacturing experience in a growing business preferably in a door, wood working or carpentry operation.
- Experience in budgeting and planning.
- Knowledge of process improvement in all business functions, Finance, commercial, manufacturing, HR and contract management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication skill both to workforce and senior board.
- Preferably education to degree level or equivalent.
Summary: Ability to Delegate Responsibilities effectively, Coordination and Delegation of Duties, Process Improvement, Willingness to Work with Staff, Staffing, Coaching, Decision Making, Planning, Managing Quality of Service, Attention to Detail, Managing Performance, Overall Positive Attitude that will contribute to a better work environment for all members of the staff.
If the above role is of interested to you feel free to give Noelle a call on +353 860483963 to discuss the role in more detail.