11 days ago
Position: Fitout Contract/ Project Manager
Salary: DOE, vehicle, pension
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Contracts / Project Manager with a proven track record to join a growing fitout contractor. The ideal candidate will be from a carpentry/ joinery background or be degree qualified. They will have a portfolio of successfully delivered projects as a construction Project/Contracts Manager
- Ability to deliver projects on time and to high standard
- Produce accurate, consistent, and professional records, reports, and general information
- To carry out the role of company representative on site and to interface between the company and client
- Manage and motivate site teams
- Manage and motivate sub-contractors
- Ensure all processes are being adhered to on a project-by-project basis
- Ensuring that the product meets customers expectation in relation to build and finish
- Produce reports on job progress and remedials
- Responsible for all Health & Safety, building regulation and other regulatory matters
- You will be responsible for ensuring projects are completed to cost, programme, quality, and safety standards.
- Liaise with the Design Team, sitting in/chairing meetings, raising RFI's, reviewing and assembling Technical Submissions, etc.
- Ability to take a project from tender stage through to handover of certifications and O&M manuals.
- Assisting the quantity surveyors/ estimators during the tender stage
- Degree Qualified
- Minimum 5 years' main contractor experience in UK or Ireland
- Experience of coordination of shop drawings, interfacing with Design Teams / Clients, scheduling / programming.
- Directly reporting to the Contracts Director
- Experience in commercial, hospitality, office, leisure, and retail fit out sectors
- Ability to supervise numerous projects from tender through to handover
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A natural leader with the ability to lead numerous site teams at any one time
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Strong team building skills
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Technical and practical knowledge of the construction industry is essential
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, CAD, and other industry specific software
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Travel throughout Ireland will be required with this role
- Experience of commercial and retail fitouts is advantageous
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene on 0860651940 in complete confidence