Belfast, County Antrim
£22000 - £25000 per annum
16 days ago
Job Title: Fire Door Inspector
Salary: £22k to £25k Doe
Our Client is a market leader in the provision of supply, installation and service of the following products: Glazed Screens & Doors, Fire Resistant Glazing Systems, Facades & Window Systems, Steel Security Doors, Door Hardware, Automatic Doors, Movable Walls.
We are currently recruiting for a FIRE DOOR INSPECTOR to join our clients growing Inspection Team in their Belfast office.
Overview of the role:
The Fire Door Inspector will work within the Fire Door Inspection team to undertake site based inspections of fire doors and frames that form part of the passive fire protection system in a building.
Take a hands-on and proactive approach to identify defects and other non-compliances at each fire door.
Make recommendations to rectify all identified defects and make the fire doors comply with the current standards and building regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to undertake site inspections, from marked-up floor plans.
- Be able to use tablet-based system to generate detailed report.
- Strong understanding of passive fire protection and fire doors, with an eye for detail to ensure that fire doors conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards.
- Experienced with Codes and Standards and interpreting manufacturers details relating to passive fire protection.
- Proficient user of Microsoft software packages including word and excel would be a requirement.
- Undertake regular communication with our clients to co-ordinate programmes of inspections.
- Relate findings to internal team members who will prepare and submit relevant information and quotations to our clients.
- Would be from a joinery/carpentry background.
- Experienced in building surveying and report compilation would be advantageous.
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited Supervision
- Enthusiastic and driven individual for self and the company
Full training will be provided to an accredited standard.
Company vehicle, uniform, tablet, mobile phone will be provided.
If the above role is of interest to you give me a call on 086048363 for a confidential chat.