7 days ago
Position: Fire & Security Engineering Installation and Service Manager
Salary: Neg DOE plus Vehicle
To manage the works carried out by a team of engineers and assist with planning/preparation of the installation, maintenance, management, and product services across the company's electronic security (CCTV - Intruder Alarm - Access Control Section) and Fire Systems Section and to assess and review products for the advancement of the company.
Daily routines include managing engineers work plans daily, by phone or email ensuring that they have their daily work schedule in advance and all supporting material and stock to undertake the scheduled work. Having the information of engineer's movements and locations if required to manage their work on any given day
- Ensure that engineers have all information and materials required to complete their works efficiently on time.
- Ensure that in alliance with the engineering team reports are provided of any issues / extra materials required to avoid overruns on jobs to maintain workflow.
- Ensure the scheduling administrator is updated with completion of works
- Inform Operations manager and/or operations administrator of any delays or requirements to maintain workflow.
- Implement procedures for the control of stock in both engineer's vans and stores.
- Approval for the sign off on all materials purchase orders by engineers and/or operations administrator for all jobs.
- Control projects to ensure they remain within budgets.
- Ensure operations manager and accounts department are updated on works completed for invoicing.
- Attend weekly production meetings
- Review job specifications for all upcoming jobs, make changes and issue same when required.
- Ensure that all site paperwork is completed for all works and accessible through the company's online recording system.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is in place for company audits for management certification in line with PSA requirements.
- Carry out site surveys and inspections with sales team as requested to prepare job specifications to prepare plans for the construction, modification, maintenance, and repair of a variety of electronic Fire & Security devices, Access Control and Door Entry Systems, Emergency Lighting, CCTV Systems, and intercommunication systems used for Life Safety and property protection purposes to the required standards and regulations in each category to identify, define, and propose system enhancements to client's security requirements as and when required by the client or management.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices on client sites.
- Participate in the design and modification of specialized electronic equipment for research purposes; provide technical advice on selection of components and agree to undertake any training on new equipment or education to enhance your knowledge in the execution of your role as deemed necessary by the company.
- Prepare structured and comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancements for client's sites.
- Conduct staff appraisals in line with company requirements.
- Organise training (internal/external) for engineers as the requirement becomes apparent following evaluation of their skills on the job.
- Ensure the security, management, and upkeep of all company vehicles
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Arlene today on 0860651940 in complete confidence.