12 days ago
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Elk is currently recruiting for a well-established company who are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their finance team. The successful candidate will work alongside the Managing Director & Financial Controller.
Financial Accountant Responsibilities:
- Oversee creditor accounts across the group with responsibility for maintaining purchase contract balances and drawdowns
- Actively monitor creditor accounts and ensure payments are processed within credit terms
- Work alongside suppliers, logistics and sales
- Agree appropriate pricing points to optimise revenue and margin performance
- Assist Financial Controller in preparation of monthly management accounts including balance sheet review, bank reconciliations & stock valuations
Financial Accountant Requirements:
- 3rd level Qualification in Finance/Accountancy
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role preferably within the agri-food business sector
- Strong financial analysis and negotiation skills
- Experience in currency transactions an advantage
- Strong level of commercial acumen
- Good organisational skills
- This person needs to be a self-starter with good problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills
- Proven track record in delivering commercial results in a fast-moving environment
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Arlene Curtis on 0598629904 or 0860651940 in complete confidence.